Saturday 4 February 2012

Dreaming of You..

There are times when I hear God's Words of Life surround me with hope, peace, and strength. The other day, my bible had "magically" opened up to Jeremiah.
 Actually, let me step back so you can take in the awesome-ness of God. A couple days before I had "magically" opened up my bible to Jeremiah, I had a dream, where I swear God was talking to me through this figment. Giving me a direction that I had been looking for. In this dream, someone had said to me "God has plans for you... plans to prosper, and plans to fly." 


 In my dream, I lingered on the word fly, and I could see God lifting me and that person up above the ground... above the storms of our lives. God would be there to carry me through and above the storms. And then this figment of a person that I knew and did not know spoke to me. Giving me a direction I did not think I was ready for. But at the same time, I felt like living water of His words were filling me as He spoke to me, quenching my thirst. I woke up, wanting to find that scripture that went along with what that particular someone had said to me. But I kept putting it off. So a night or two after that dream, I was reading my devotional and had randomly opened my bible. I then decided I wanted to move to another location, so I stuck my devotional into my bible and moved. 


 Once I re-settled myself, I opened up my bible to get my devotional and realized, I wanted to keep place of where I was in my devotional, not my bible. So, then I'm ready to read the scripture for that day to accompany the devotional. I look at my opened bible and in my head I'm wondering why I even opened it up in the first place, this isn't where the reading is. I was about to flip to where I was suppose to be reading, but I felt something stop me and say... 


"Read where you are..." 

And so I looked... 


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11 


 Wow Lord. And though, God continues to show me hope within this dark tunnel I'm in, I can't help but lean towards our human inclinations, filled with worry, anxiety, and doubt. It's ironic how we long for peace and relaxation, yet we constantly bring ourselves to worry. 


 Even if that hope and bright future is staring at us RIGHT in our face. Yet, we still bring ourselves to worry about the here and now. Asking how, how can that possibly happen? 

What am I going to have to endure in order to get from point A to point B? And though, I know I shouldn't worry about the how, when and what have you's... and even though the Lord is telling me to rest in His mighty hands and not to worry... it's still hard, even when you know that God will take care of everything and that in the end all will be well.


 I guess, it's something that I'm going to have to keep learning... how to just be still and know He is God. 

As I was on my way to school one day I was listening to "One Way"... Jesus is the way. So if we know He knows what's best for us, if we KNOW that His way is the right way, then why when actually get a glimpse of what He has in store for us, do we cringe and run in the opposite direction?


 We know that everything we face is just a character builder, God will bring us through every storm we battle. We should live by faith and not be sight, knowing with our whole heart that God will take care of us. That the light and hope God has for us is ours if we are just willing to obey Him. Not just obey, but willing to obey. 


 "And like matter, love can't be created or destroyed; it's always there, even if you can't see it, even if it's right there in front of you" - Samantha in Samantha Who? 


 It was the last phrase that Samantha says at the end of last Thursday's episode. I didn't even have to hear it twice or googled it, the phrase was already engrained into my brain. That phrase spun around me and landed me to realizing, yup... God is always there, even when we don't see Him. 


I'm putting my trust in the God, knowing the little I face today is NOTHING compared to the riches that He has in store for me in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment